Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Mantua Maker: Regency Corset




Eeeeeeeek! This project is a tiny bit scary, the pattern has been sitting in my sewing closet for over a month now and I haven't had the courage to touch it yet. So far I've gotten to the point where i cut out the pattern on tracing fabric. And I'm getting ready to cut into my muslin to check for sizing. The only bad thing is that I've never worn a Regency corset, let alone any other kind. About as close as I've come to one is a seriously tight laced bodice for the Ren Fair. And that probably won't be close. Hmm I might have to consult the RSA for some answers. But that migth be as far as I get for now due to the outrageously nasty sun burn I got over the weekend end. Note to self wear sun block and pray this thing turns into a tan. ;)

No comments: