Today I completed the sleeve jockeys and sewed both those and the sleeves in. Feeling very confident I put it on pinning the back at the top for fit. I even put on my ruffled petti for good measure. But lo and behold there it was staring me in the face.
Giant, massive, scary shoulders. #FacePalm.
The bodice is sized well for my waist and so on but across the shoulder it's simply too wide. And it ruins the entire affect.
Here it is pinned up looking slight less hideous. I'm faced with the choice of A) Taking apart the bodice at the shoulder and taking up an inch or so all over or B) Simply take up more fabric at the arm hole. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Either way the sleeves need to come off again so I can do that right away. But I may take the night to sleep on it and see what to do tomorrow.
As a side not I also tried to put on my shoes I had planned to wear with this. And those don't fit either! I put in my order for my Gettysburg's from American Duchess. But those wont be ready until some time in April. #FacePalm.