Here is my new updated and reworked kirtle, partelet, and smock. I wore this recently to the Ren Faire in Irwindale, CA. My outfit did great. However we got rained out...again. I was soaking wet by the time we left.
So I used the alter years pattern for the bodice again and heavily altered it. Raising the front, cutting down the back, fitting it, adding boning, extra layers to the bodice and a lot more eyelets than it calls for down the front. Also the skirt is made of just two rectangles. I also made the new kirtle, sleeves, smock and adjusted the partelet on the fly. All in three days. I made my first one in about that same time.
I used the Grace Gamble smock pattern I found on a blog and it worked pretty darn well. Better than I expected really. As always it takes forever to get fabric pleated and I had to redo it about a million times. And after all that my sleeves were too long and covered my cuffs. I used a partelet pattern from my Elegant Ladies Closet to approximate the partelet previously. It came out too long and too big. So I hacked it and added ribbon ties to the sides and hemmed it up. Voila!