Thursday, March 8, 2012

1910's Corset

Alright I know it's another corset but I just can seem to get past thinking that I absolutely need the correct corset for every era. I'm obsessed really.....
 Mine obviously wont be nearly as ornate as this. But If I can get close to the shape I'll be happy as a clam. I found the Festive Attye article written by Jennifer Thompson, so I now have detailed instructions and a pattern all for free. Which is really helping my pocket book.
I think I may have also gotten around all the work of enlarging patterns by hand. I took the pattern over to FedEx Kinkos and they enlarged it for me on this machine that prints it out on this enormous piece of paper. Instant pattern really. I have to go back today to get the size exactly right. I'd rather spend a few bucks and save my brain from being fried.

No comments: