The home stretch! All i have left to do is bind the edges and possibly cut down the top just slightly, it kinda sorta digs into my under arms which I find to be no bueno. I am quite proud of it on the whole. Considering the fact that I just stared at the pattern for a whole 4 months before I was able to get the nerve to look at it.
I have to admit the final product is flawed, I was determined to sew until I could sew no longer seeing as how we were taking a trip to the San Diego Wild Animal Park the next day. And at 1:00 in the morning as I triumphantly finished the first set of grommets and stepped back to look at my work; I realized I had put them all on backwards......Sigh......but I just slogged on and finished the rest. Correctly of course. That little grommet setter my husband so graciously picked up for me was the best. Some would have turned up their noses at it but it saved me a lot of work. As well as the leather hole punch, it created perfectly sized holes for the grommets. It was just fate. :)
Here's the back you can see the cable ties I used for the boning which just so happens to be one of my favorite short cuts of this whole thing. I had to stop right in the middle of my project and hunt for a busk. So I went on over to the Lowe's next to my house and went hunting for a ruler. Because that's the suggestion in the instructions. But they don't carry wooden rulers......goobers. But anyhoo after asking two different csr's for help one guy finally took me over to the paint counter and gave me one of the jumbo sized paint sticks. I could have kissed him because it was just perfect in length and width. In my next project t I think I would definitely take the time to sand down the edges to get it tapered on one end.
So I'll close for now seeing as how I don't think my fingers can type anymore. I wish everyone happy sewing! ;)