Monday, August 23, 2010

Katie v. Matua Maker Stays

The battle of Katie v. Mantua Maker Stays was completed this afternoon with a serious happy dance. I have really spent only about a week working on this project  and I am relieved that it turned out so well. It's seriously given me undergarment fever.

As a side note I have finally achieved some semblance of a sewing room! In fact the stays were finished in my new space and it was a dream to be able to sew with so much natural light and be able to spread out and not worry about cleaning it up right away. 
The natural light was kinda m.i.a. in this shot but it's working out great.
 As mentioned before I feel like I'm on a roll now and am planning my next projects which I hope to complete over the next week or so. On my agenda for this evening:


 I'm going to try and make the cross front dress again and modify it just slightly to make it less of a pain in the backside.


Near future projects:
 Very Caroline Bingley if you ask me.



I'm so eager to get started on all of these projects, I need to purchase most of these patterns the 1700 underclothes is what I have right now. But after doing my regency costuming backwards I'll never again start without a full set of underclothes ever again. Happy sewing.  ;)



No comments: