Thursday, March 24, 2011

Finishing work

I found some time in my very busy schedule to finally get a chance to work om my polonaise dress. I decided to try and work a panel into the front that will give more stability to the front of the dress. So that there might be less bunching and folding.

 I nabbed some leftover fabric from way back in the day and used the bodice pattern piece to cut out two pieces. I used cable ties of the small variety to hopefully produce some stability.

I was haivng a discussion with my husband yesterday and was commenting that I've hit a wall in my sewing where I don't feel that I'm getting any better yet. But he had a good point, finishing work is my problem. Getting the piece to finally be finished has always been an issue for me. Not to mention adding trimmings. I just don't have the knack for it. *Sigh* If I only have more time for sewing. ;)

No comments: