Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's all in the details....

 I took some time last night and today to get a little tiny bit further with my polonaise. The pick ups gave me some trouble, just making sure they were even. And finally i just gave up and sewed them. No point in getting all worked up over it ;). I also added a bit more stuffing into my bum pad. More is definitely better than less in that department. I'm still waiting to hem my outer petticoat so the length will be appropriate.

Here is the detail i decided to add to the neckline. You can really tell from the picture but I used my pinking shears to cut the material. I'm toying around with the idea of doing the same detail around the edge of the cuff on the sleeves. I'll be making a trip to the store to see if I can't find some sort of "Bling" to add to it as well. The closures are hook and eye but I'm having issues with gaping both on me and the dress form. I can't decide if I want to lose a few pounds and c if it fit or figure out another way to fix it. I'm feeling a little lazy about it.

I threw some lace under the of the ruffles to see how it would look and I'm thinking it might work out. But that's a hand sewing job and I ignore those for as long as I can :) Once I get my Georgiana shoes I want to visit the Huntington Library again, in full regalia. It would be my debut in costume and I can't think of a better place to do it.

I can pay proper tribute to the Duchess herself while I'm there.

And pose for photo ops galore ;)

No comments: