Saturday, September 1, 2012

1845 Day Dress: False Start

Today I started really working on my 1845 day dress. The fabric that I purchased just doesn't work for me. Initially I had wanted to purchase a beige window box plaid. But there wasn't enough on the bolt to get the 8 yards I needed. So in a desperate moment of just wanting to get the project started I foolishly purchased this cream fabric with green vine things. Bad idea.
I don't think it looks terrible in the picture. But as I look at it on the dress form. I just don't like it. On the bright side I'm liking the way the pattern is coming together. I know there will be a few adjustments to be made. Such as the neckline will need to be trimmed because it chokes me. The bodice in the picture here has been folded up to shorten it because it is very long. I also redrafted the center front pattern piece to eliminate a seam down the front of the bodice.  Now I just need to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with the leftover fabric.

No comments: