Monday, September 1, 2014

Huntington Beach Civil War Days 2014

This event was super fun! My dress wore really well and was warm but not sweltering. Looking at it in this picture I feel I could maybe have gone without the ruffled petti.  
Sadly the only picture of my dress.



My little E and Mauma hanging out.
 
 The battle was very interesting and the cannon were amazing. The noise and smoke really made it feel real.


These guys sure had it rough. One of the camp followers asked a soldier how he was doing and he responded, "How do you think I'm doing? I feel like I'm wearing a blanket!"


One of the people watching the battle asked if I had a beau fighting. Silly. I'm hoping to make Jeff a uniform but he wants to be a rebel and I don't know if I'm ok with that. Maybe we will just be civilians for now.

I bought myself a watch as a souvenir. The woman who sold me this was really nice. I'm sad I didn't catch her name but if I happen to see her booth again I'll sure stop in.

No comments: