Wednesday, January 1, 2014

1840 Day Dress: Reloaded

I'm hoping to attend Dickens Festival in February this coming year. My changing form certainly calls for a revision of the basic pattern. This was confirmed after I tried to put on the original version of this dress. Seen here.

So I cut out a larger size of the pattern and sewed a mock up in muslin and threw it on the dress form. By hand I roughly drew a new neck line and used my measuring tape to mark the new waistline.

Here is the finished mock up.

I'll be doing this dress in a solid navy blue and I haven't decided on what trim to use. I should have a lot more time coming up here. I'll start my leave soon and will for sure need something to work on to keep me entertained.

No comments: