I took the time to throw together the cap this evening. I'm not the best at a narrow hem but I gave it my best shot.
I used some leftover batiste fabric in the stash and tea stained it so that it would match the lace better.
Once you get going on the hem it isn't so bad although it did give me a terrible cramp in my hand.
The lace, ribbon and flowers also came from my stash. The flowers I recycled from my failed attempt at an 18th century hat.
It feels slightly awkward and I'm not sure if I'll end up wearing it but we'll have to see. I can't help but feel that it doesn't have enough "stuff" on it. I always hold too hard to the saying that less is more.