Sunday, January 22, 2012

Laughing Moon Mercantile: #100 Ladies Victorian Underwear Completed

I've finished the Corset, chemise and open drawers from this pattern a few days ago. Already I'm not liking the fit of the chemise and wishing I had gone down a size in the corset. But hindsight is 20/20 and if I didn't make mistakes like this I'd have to change the name of the blog. So here we are...

I decided to not include the other pics I have of the chemise and drawers. Lets just say I want to keep things PG. The chemise for some reason rubs in the yoke area and really irritates my skin. I'm unsure if its the fabric choice or because I have sensitive skin. Either way I thought it was a pain in the butt to make and I like my other regency chemise a lot better.
The corset on the other hand is extremely comfortable to wear. I can sit, stand, and bend over all in comfort. My only hesitation about it is that I could swear that I can feel things in my abdomen shift back into their natural place after I take it off. Little creepy...

No comments: